April 06, 2006

love, secrets and socks...

Thursday love goes out to my morning cup of chai tea. I love putting honey and milk in with all those spices- goodness I tell you, just plain old morning goodness.


The final Felted Secret Pal gift came in the mail for me today- I had been over at my mom's house right after work, came home to get my walking shoes so we could go take a walk and found a heavy box on my doorstep. I put it on the table and slapped on my shoes so I could go and enjoy the sun. When I got home I tore into the package-

I need to say a few things first before I go into detail. For those of you who don't know, my first secret pal dropped off the face of blogville, never to be heard of again- Lu, the wonderful hostess that she is set me up with a brand new swapper as well as sent me a gift herself to make up for it all. Lu couldn't have put me with a better person.

My new swapper is wonderful. I have been a loyal reader of her blog for quite some time and we have a ton in common. She is amazing- she teaches as well as helped to put together the Caps for the Cure project, whipping out hats like crazy for those in need of a little extra warmth as they face chemo. She has a great sense of humor. She lives in a beautiful spot in the world (I know cuz I used to live there) and has great taste in books and yarn. Go on over to say hello to Becky at Moonlight Frogger- Thank you SO much Becky for filling in and making this swap so special. I love everything you sent~

SO what did she send?? Some delicious tea (had a big old pot of it and now have a rival to my favorite listed above), hand cream, a bar of soap(with a frog on it of course), some yarn to dye (I just got my new Yarns to Dye For book so this is perfect), some already dyed yarn- DB Cashmerino Aran- downright dreamy in FUSCIA!!, a little photo album (guess I better get some of those photos off Flickr and into print?), a book that I have been wanting (YES! I LOVE THIS), and a pen from Moon Rise Herbs located in Arcata, CA (this place is special to me because one of my best friends worked there for about 4 years) and finally Becky included one of her wonderful dish clothes and scrubbies that she knit out of tulle. What a present! Thank you Becky, you really are the best~ and a big thanks to Lu for putting this all on.

And finally, sock progress. I snuck a bit of knitting in while waiting for yoga to start this week as well as waiting in the doctor's office. Just a bit more to go. I am loving the way this yarn knits up. It is silky soft and really warm. Still haven't decided if I am going to keep these for myself or gift them away... Looking good, no?

8 comments:

angela said...

what a nice package for you! i like the looks of that book - and those socks you are making? everyone needs a pair of hand knit super soft socks.

thanks for stopping by yesterday - the day improved after my time out :)

soapy said...

Great gifties!! and Great progress on your socks... I musty confesss I visit your blog often but don't always leav a comment.. I sure do know what you mean I get A ton of visitors and not many comments either...

Jennifer said...

What a lovely package! Lovely socks too.

Anonymous said...

What a great package! Who knew having your original pal desert you would turn out to be such good luck?

Your socks are looking great! I say keep 'em for yourself, but then I'm selfish that way. :P

Anonymous said...

Those socks look great!! And painless to knit...and they probably fit... ;o)

Stacie said...

sounds like you scored big time! I like coffee in the am and ttea in the afternoon, and your post has got me thinking it might be close to chai time!

Becky said...

Glad you liked it! Your socks look great. I had to give mine to my mom cuz they were a tad too short. I say keep them if they fit!

Unknown said...

I am really glad you enjoyed the swap :-)

And teh socks are really nice, keep them!