January 22, 2006

Growth

What have I been up to?

Friday night:
I went to see Brokeback Mountain. I won't tell you to go see it,unless you want to. Then I would tell you, "You really should go. Go now".

If you don't want to see it, then I will tell you, "Don't waste your time".

I will also tell you if you believe in love, that maybe, just maybe, you should see this flick.

I will also tell you I have NEVER sat in my uncomfortable movie seat not knowing what to say when the credits began to roll. And I never expected to find myself looking up for a converstion with my fellow movie goers to see adverts for the next showing come up on the screen.. NEVER.

I am still in what my friend LR refers to as a "movie bubble"- yes more than 36 hours later, I am still thinking about what the movie had to say. The emotions and the scenery.

But, back to Friday night and what I did....
After we were able to pry ourselves out of the theater seats, we decided we need to have a beer. We strolled down to Java Vino and bellied up for a tall beverage and even taller conversation.
The conversation drifted from hysterical to serious and back again taking the usually twists and turns as people we knew stopped by to say hello. The converstaion became so amazingly touching, and at one point I had to hold back tears. We were talking about the movie, but we were also talking about real life. About our loves, about lives. About death and about birth (sinse we have all been touched by this recently in one way or another). We were talking and growth and realizing how much of an impact we all have on one another, even and especially, when we don't know it.


I am constantly amazed with the friends I find myself surrounded by. They all seem so much more creative, forgiving, more intelligent, more reserved, more willing to let life just happened, and more at ease with what they have chosen to do as a career. They all seem so much more beautiful, more stylish. They all seem to just be, while I sit and feel restless and crazed.
But on Friday night I learned that my friends, well they see it the other way around- I had no idea of the foot print that I create.
I hope that is a good thing. I hope that my prints are leading in a positive direction, and I hope that that print doesn't ever squash anyone as I walk by....
I am trulyblessed to have such amazing friends around me all the time. Thank you. If you are reading this today girls- you are the ones giving me big shoes to fill and I look up to you.








Thank you for helping me grow and blossom, and for being such a beautiful source of inspiration.

What did I do on Saturday?

I organized a gaggle and we headed out with our snowshoes, x-country skis, and bathing suites for a little road trip. Yep you read that right, I did say bathing suites and snowshoes in the same sentence. If you drive south and west of Reno for about 70 miles you will reach a little town named Markleeville. Just outside of town you will come to a State Park ... there is a great place to putt around in your snow gear and when you are tired and cold you can hop in the hotsprings and relax. It is perfect!

What did I do so far today?
FINISHED~
This is what happens when you don't try things on and think you are finished.

This is what happens when you take your time, and measure and check details and are patient with yourself and you knitting abilities.
see the difference?





It's all a matter of growth!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!! The sock is wonderful! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

isnt it amazing how having the right people in your life can have such an impact? *S*

Great sock job!

The MacKay Way said...

Great post. Thanks. I've recently had a series of similar moments where I found out the footstep that I've lain have helped people I love in ways I never knew about. Stopped me in my tracks a bit.

Great sock!
(and I really enjoyed Brokeback!)
Cheers

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing that beautiful post...and the beautiful flower. It sounds like your weekend was really rejuvenating. And the sock...so very nice!

Unknown said...

You had a great weekend! that's great. DH and I went to see Brokeback a few weeks ago with friends and we all just loved it! Like you said, it's about love and life and if you want to see it, go now!!!

Sounds like you have a great group of people surrounding you, that is always amazing.

Good job on the sock.

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

the sock turned out great. I love the yarn that you are using, it's really wonderful how it knits up and the color is super.