January 19, 2006

I am an Olymipid- or how ever you spell it.

Before you start reading this post I must tell you that
A. Blogger was being a TOTAL piece of sh@)! today when I was trying to post
B. Therefore my spelling sucks because I was so frustrated with the darn thing.
C. That's it, read on....

I was visiting Becky - she tagged me by the way, see the bottom of the post for the meme- and she had a link to the UFOlympics
I loved it, I signed up for it - now I am committed.
So what is the UFO I will be FOing?
My Mrs. B's, thank you.
And I have put a carrot out there for myself- If I get that done I will allow myself to finish my second sock.
"what's that you say, the SECOND sock? That would mean you finished the first sock, no?"
Well, sort of.... Okay, so I am not quite on the second one yet. I was at SnB last night and got to the kitchener toe close- but when I tried it, my toes were sticking thru. I didn't make it long enough. I am going to rip it tonight, extend it and then seal the deal baby. I can hardly wait. I love the way the striping turned out with this colorway.

MEME TIME:
Four Jobs You Have Had In Your Life:
1. Waitress at Bruno's Country Club - Gerlach's finest- serving up "world famous ravioli"- GAG me with a pitch fork please-
2. Lab technical at an onion dehydration plant - no joke people. My eyes watered all summer long and my clothes, well, let's just say that I wore the same 2 outfits all summer long. Just can't get that smell out.
3. V.I.S.T.A. Volunteer for Nevada Conservation Corps
4. GIS analyst for the local school district

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over -- even though I don't like to repeat movies:
1. Goonies-- I think I have about all the words memorized. This is funny one because it is mindless and silly
2. Garden State- it's the overall message
3. Office Space-- Especially after a crappy day at work. Can I have my stapler please?
4. Sixteen Candles/Pretty In Pink/Breakfast Club-- No more yankee my wankee!

Four Places You Have Lived:
1. Truckee, CA
2. Gerlach, NV
3. Arcata, CA
4. Chico, CA
5. Reno, NV

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch:
1. The Simpsons
2. Malcolm in the Middle - I HOWL at those boys...
3. Everybody Loves Raymond- again, I nearly pee my pants at this show every time.
4. Extreme Tear Jerker- er I mean Home Makeover

Four Places You Have Been On Vacation:
1. Spain- that was school related, but I think I played more than anything- Una jara sangria por favor! (please forgive me for not spelling properly, I only had to "Say" this not write it.)
2. Backpacking/Kayaking/Camping La Manzanilla, Costa Alegre. - This is the trip that brought hubby and I together ....
3. Kauai- Honeymooning it
4. Mini-shoota (Minnesota) to see one of my bestest buddies.

Four Websites You Visit Daily:
1. Flickr
2. My Blogger Friends
3. Yarn or pattern sites
4. Threadbared

Four Of Your Favorite Foods:
1. Mexican Food
2. Annie's mac and cheese
3. warm chocolate chip cookies
4. Mom's Banana bread.

Four Places You Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. In the moment
2. On my couch, with my cats and a cup of tea- knitting
2. Mt. Rose snowboarding- it snowed yesterday!
4. Mexico- San Miguel de Allende - painting and drawing and wandering around the art studios.

7 comments:

Becky said...

NO WAY!!

You lived in Arcata! You must have gone to HSU? :) Did you like it up here in the boonies?

Well, howdy, ol' neighbor. Eureka is my hometown. Small world.

Glad you signed up for the UF Olys. I was thinking of doing Mrs. B's too. Who knows, it could happen!

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Yep- first semester of College I was a Lumberjack. hee hee. I liked it up behind the redwood curtin, but wasn't ready to be that far away from home.
(hence the move to Chico, closer yet far enough away to be "me")

Unknown said...

Goonies is like my favorite movie!! I just watched it last night! I love it!

Anonymous said...

UFOs, see if I had been wise, I would have waited and seen what the response to Stephanie's utterly insance challenge was going to be, but no, I had to be impulsive... aahh it will be fun, my guy can roll his eyes at me a lot while he is watching the Olympics, and if I finish I finish, and if not, I get, well, I guess I get nothing except an almost finished sweater.

The MacKay Way said...

I'm SUCH a sucker for Extreme Tear Jerker!!!

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

pretty in pink... best 80's soundtrack!

Anonymous said...

Movies #1, 3 & 4 are all favorites of mine. I go around the office mumbling that I'll 'burn down the building' when I'm having a bad day ;o) OH and whenever Breakfast Club is on all life stops at my house and we all sit and watch it - including the teenager!