December 07, 2005

Ms. V does Mrs. B

Okay, so that sounds like girl on girl action- What the title really means is that I, Ms. Vanessa, will be joining my first knit-a-long. Check out the new Knitty for details on Mrs. B (almost as exciting and wild as girl on girl action) And for more details about the KAL go to Whit's blog and join in the fun.

I bought this yarn (bit $ compared to what I usually buy, but it is my birthday soon and I really like this pattern),

I am going to subsitute the other yarn the pattern calls for with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I hope it works. The lady at the LYS told me that it was an equivalent....
I am trying to decide on what color I should do. I have the black, red & lilac. I am leaning towards the black just for contrast...But any of them would work. I am will sleep on it and then start tomorrow the work tomorrow at lunch.

Oh, and by the way, go over and tell Mandy hello. She had surgery today and could use all the good thoughts and hellos!

5 comments:

Whit said...

*snort*

So, what color are you doing? I'm heading to my lys hopefully TODAY to pick up my yarn.

WHIT

Anonymous said...

Girl on girl nowithstanding, your wrist-lovely things will be lovely in the Kid Silk Haze lavendar-ness. I saw that Whit was doing that KAL, but have too many present commitments to do one more thing before Christmas. Post lots of photos!

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

O good. I am funny. I always wonder if people are offended, are rolling their eyes, or are actually laughing at what I have to say. I hope most of the time it is silly and makes people smile.

That said. I started to look over the yarn that I have and I think I can actually make one set with the lilac and one with the black.
But I think I am going to do the black accent with the vino colored silk kid haze... I will post pics don't worry!

Whit said...

That yarn is so yummy. I've gotta run get my CHORES done so I can play for awhile. I really want to get the yarn today.......

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I was a bit shocked at the cost, but it is SO wonderful AND I NEVER spoil myself like that... for the first KAL I should just go for it right???
hee hee..