October 06, 2006

Olive, booth and tourist

Olive is almost complete. For the most part I am pretty happy with the way she turned out... I do have a few skills I need to improve upon when it comes to sewing seems, but I will get there!
Olive and the machine
For more information about the Make-a-long Story go visit Wee Wonderfuls.
And to see others check out the Flickr page.
I really like that I re-purposed some of the fabric for Olive. Her skirt was once a "hippie" dress that I never wear anymore so I undid the seams and cut out her skirt. The shoes I have had in my stash for over 2 years- I thought they were a fun contrast to the oranges she is wearing up top. I have to decide if she should have blue eyes or brown... What do you think?

It is Friday, and you know what that means!
RedlandsBooth_side

behold~
and if you still need more, go visit these peeps:
The Whole Self
JesC
Sticking to the Point
lovegreendog
and of course our leader,
Hula Seventy

Oh, and I am totally addicted to JPG Mag- if you haven't gone over and voted for my last entry give it a whirl... And what do you think about this one for the "tourist" theme? If you do give me a thumbs up~
DSC02967

9 comments:

kat said...

oh Olive is awesome! I'd give her greenn eyes (great with the hair & ties into her shoes...) I've been batting around the idea of making a doll like that for people to knit clothes for.

I think your pic is perfect for tourist.

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Oooh, I like the green idea, and it would tie her shoes in nicely wouldn't it! thanks~

Thanks~

Ani said...

Olive is so cute, nice job! I bought her 'Put Together Book' and have the fabric to make a bunny but need to learn to use my sewing machine first.

Becky said...

Olive is too cool. I think green eyes, too.

Thanks for the heads-up on JPG mag. I hope to enter on in the tourist edition, too. I like the one you have chosen.

angela said...

wow, a great photo for tourist!!!!
you know i heart olive, right ?
:)

Anonymous said...

I love Olive and I love the name Olive. I also love your photo boothy pic, you look very glamourous!

Anonymous said...

I like the green eyes idea, too :o)

Great photos!

Stacie said...

you crazy rock star motorcycling photogo chick you!

Anonymous said...

Olive looks amazing! All I could think looking at the photo was "I can't see! I can't see!"
hah!