November 04, 2005

I've been HIT! Meme Style

Wow- I feel so COOL- I have seen the MeMes floating around blogville, but wasn't sure if I would ever answer one... Thanks to Becky for the tag! (can someone please tell me what meme stands for?)

Here we goooo...
What is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with? Probably have to say the Andean Tressure from Knit Picks or Cashmerino by Debbie Bliss. Although I do love my wool (cascade) for felting!

Your favorite needles? I love my Clover Bamboo circs- that is about all I buy. I would like to gather more of the Addis but they are $$

The worst thing you've ever knit? hmmm, probably the attempted yoga bag from SnB Nation. It was only my second pattern and I thought I could master a lace stitch- as always, my ambitions get me into over my head- Here is a picture of the thing. I don't have the heart to frog it- I am thinking it would make a good beach bag, just cinch up the bottom and add an I-cord for a handle.. whatta-ya think?

Your most favorite knit pattern? I would have to say the hat I made for Kicky, or maybe the Fixie. Can I tell you what I WANT my favorite pattern to be? How 'bout the the mini sweater? I want it I want it now...

Best knit book or magazine? I am loving my Alterknits book and I also really like Weekend Knits and Knitted Gifts (both of which I don't own, but borrowed from the library and forgot to return so I now have a HUGE fee to pay, booo!) I also think we need to give props to all those great patterns found at Knitty.com-

Your favorite knitblogs?
Needles on Fire (like her patterns and commentary, Xtreme Knitting (again for the patterns, and she uses her British jargin in her writing that I like) Knitfish (because her name is Vanessa too), Subway Knitter, PunkRawkPurl , umm there are just too many to list here... The two lady's I mentioned above (Becky and Whit). But I mostly just float from one blog to the next- and don't have one that I read all the time...
Your favorite knit-along? I haven't really done a knit along, unless you count my first knitting class when we all worked on our hats together. I was thinking about doing the Mary Poppin's Bag with Whit, but I fear that I am time challenged and it just won't happen (this is probably the reason behind not doing a knit along ever!)

Your favorite knitwear designer? I love to look at Debbie Bliss stuff, and I LOVE Glampyre too.

The knit item you wear/use the most? my fingerless gloves (which are eyed with suspicion or envy from those around me- I either get, those are really cute- can you make me a pair?, or do those really keep your hands warm?)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks for playing along Vanessa. :) I enjoyed finding out more about ya!