September 19, 2006

Creativity...

Sewing, sewing, sewing. I have found a new love.
I am making a toys and onsies like crazy and I guess that is my excuse for not blogging quite as often. That, or I am just on the computer to much at work and when I am home I would rather be using my hands to create goodies than type.
I have been keeping up on reading blogs however, check out my sidebar for regular reads- there are some good ones out there worth the click for sure.

Here are some of the results of time spent in the sewing room....
Farm animal onsies.
Farm animal onsies. Inspired by an old Martha Stewart Baby (I looked for a link, but it appears that magazine is too old and there is none, sorry kids).
clutch
inside and out of the clutch
clutch monkey detail
Little Monkey Clutch purse. Isn't it fun? I found a few pattern ideas and went for it... I would like to find an alternative to the velcro closure as it is difficult to get it to attach and feel secure that it won't come off- I sewed this on there pretty well though and tested it with the contents of my clutch. I am working on a larger sized one that has strawberry print on the inside and green/white checkered oil cloth on the out. It is really fun- that I will need to find snaps or something to hold shut. Any good ideas out there?

I am also "participating" in the Make-a-Long Story over at Wee Wonderfuls. Olive is almost complete. I just have to add her bottom and her feet. Then it is on to cutting out the fabric for Archie. Great patterns and I am learning a lot about how to properly put together a doll on the sewing machine.

Today was a tough day and I am a bit of an emotional wreck- Trying to sort out everything that happened at the doctor's office in my head. I took off the afternoon from work and am starting to feel better. I turned over the angel card "Faith" today- I needed that... We all need faith in our lives.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Hugs to you, Girl!

Those baby clothes are too cute. And a sock monkey purse! You have really been making some neat stuff.

We are leaving tomorrow for Reno. I will call you in a couple days. :)

Stacie said...

I love your sewing projects! I think there is some baby-love in yer life too! So cute and drooly! Take care!!!

angela said...

wow, you are creating some really fun and fabulous projects - good for you :) once you get sewing i find it hard to stop.
i hope everything is okay for you.
i'm sending positive energy and a hug your way.

Jennifer said...

I love the clutch and onesies! Very cute.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, stranger ;o)

I hope we don't lose you completely to the sewing world ;o)

...sending positive thoughts your way...

nina beana said...

your projects are great! isn't it the best when the creative energy is running through you?

also, thinking of you- hope everything is ok. hugs xo

Nanimal said...

Hey there! I wanted to come and visit, when I make purses I use Magnetic snaap (you can buy then at Joanne Fabrics) They are a "snap" to use, heh. I now buy mine online in bulk - I will try to find my link - but you may want to try just one first - my place makes you buy like 150. (they are sooooooo much less expensive per piece in bulk - Joanne's is making a killing on magnetic snaps - I'll tell ya)I do use an extra square of fusible interfacing behind the snaps for extra solidness - it really helps. Let me know if you want more info so I don't just keep on yapping in the comments...
-Nanimal