February 13, 2006

Teaching!

Y-O-G-A
I am so excited- At lunch I strolled down to a place called ACHIEVE Fitness to talk to the owner about possibly doing my "internship" teaching at their studio. She was very excited and we instantly were in the office going over dates and schedules.
I am going to start teaching~ woot! Woot!
My certification only requires that I do a four week course (I will be doing a "basics class"), but the owner asked me if I would mind extending it to six weeks so that it could be a "Community Based Class". Because this is part of my training I won't be getting paid in cash, but rather in the learning experience I get in teaching. Sounds cheesy, but I can't think of a better way to learn.
I start on February 25th... (if you are one of my local readers and want to come out drop me a line and I can get you signed up)
I also contacted a studio that is currently only based out of Truckee, but are setting up shop here in Reno sometime this spring. I am hoping that I can get a gig with them as well.
Things are looking good on the yoga front. I am feeling energized and excited to start teaching. I can't wait to share all that I have learned.

KNITTING:: I am almost done with the second sock. Just in time as they are someone's Valentines day giftee. I just have to close the toe- yippeeeee. I really love making socks and am plotting my next pair.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!! If I were closer I would come and take a class from you!! I can't wait to see the finished socks!!

Becky said...

Yeah for the Socks! And for the Yoga assignment. What a great new avenue that will open for you.

My DH is doing some construction work for a friend who is opening a yoga studio -- so I get free classes. I am excited to start, beginner all the way. :)

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

congrats to you! wish I were closer, I NEED someone to keep me inspired long enough to really give yoga a fair chance.
socks rock!!

Anonymous said...

So cool - congrats!!

Becca said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! Isn't it so exciting? All your hard work comes to fruition. My classes are starting to grow. I had 8 people on monday night. I also read an article in last months Fit Yoga that talks about why we teach. This article really helped me remember all the reasons, and I feel I have come full circle. Best of luck, if you get a little jittery use your alternate breathing before you enter the room.Shanti,
Rebecca