October 13, 2005

Surfin' at lunch

So I am bad, I have a horrible habit of multi-tasking while at work. After all, it takes so freaking long for some of the stuff I do to load that my mind has turned ADHD and I have to surf... The cool waves and salt air of the internet call my name. I see my self running and splashing about in the waters of blogville- but then I get totally sucked in by the under "toad" (that is what my sis calls it) and I can't get a breath of air, I am pulled deeper and deeper into the salty water and sand, I can't get back to what it is that I am SUPPOSED to be doing. That which I am paid to do...
ug.
BUT fortune for you, I find cool things-
Here is one of them. Check out this yarn on this link. YUMMY

On a non-yarn note, here is something worth looking over-
If you are a "Burner" (one that goes the annual Burning Man Festival) and you love the area around Gerlach, NV, check out this site.... (and even if you aren't a "Burner" but believe in re-newalbe energy sources, go check it out) It is so important that this plant doesn't open-
Sign the petition! now!

Okay, off my political soapbox, I am going back to work- gosh!

2 comments:

Jan said...

OMG! I wanna go to Burningman! Okay, I just started to read about it and came back to comment while I remembered.....I will go again and get lost at the Burning Man site. My hubby, God love his stodgey cremudgen ways,would never go. But I want to go and I know my son, God love his momma lovin artsie ways (hehhehehehehe), would dearly love to go and participate. Ahh, thanks for informing me.
Jan
from knittingchicks list

Nessie Noodle said...

Jan- you crack me up- It is a pretty wild and interesting event. I think everyone should check it out once- and THEN go to the playa when it isn't "burning season"- it gains a bigger apprecaition of PLACE -